FreeBSD/Xorg/Openchrome Segfault

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Wed Aug 24 17:03:06 UTC 2016

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 07:04:30 -0800
"CK" <un_x at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I don't know who should be dealing with this problem:
> FreeBSD, Xorg, or Openchrome ...
>
> Having 9.3 installed, but having a problem with Opera-12.16
> crashing on Javascript-based uploading to various datafile

	Opera 12.16 is very old now (it's not been in active development for
many years) and tends to be quite troublesome IME, which is a pity as it is
nice and light compared to many other browsers, so once you get X working
agaih you may find it worthwhile to try another browser (perhaps chromium
or firefox).

	As for getting X11 working - that core dump is probably worth a
bug report and asking about on the freebsd-x11 mailing list.

	One thing that strikes me is that 32MB seems rather small for video
RAM these days perhaps that needs to be forced up somehow.

	Finally if you have a machine available try 10.3.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>