Facing a strange problem

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 17 23:57:31 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 3:41 AM, Frank Shute <frank at woodcruft.co.uk> wrote:
I feel your pain. I once had an AMD CPU who's fan would whine now and then. Ended up replacing a lot of hardware at much cost because it was driving me nuts.

My pain is, if anything, worse because I already made a lot of investment in new hardware during the last 2 months. Practically, the only things that remain un-upgraded are the cabinet and the PSU. I will keep your PSU notes in mind.

For the moment, I am doing okay by moving the system box from my table-top to the floor. It's equally convenient, and the noise does not reach my ears.