Non working NIC

Doug Hardie doug at mail.sermon-archive.info
Sun Aug 14 00:39:17 UTC 2016

> On 13 August 2016, at 15:45, Doug Hardie <doug at sermon-archive.info> wrote:
>
> I just upgraded an older PC to 11.0-RC1.  Everything went fine except the msk0 device is not found.  Neither is lo0.  Its as if networks never got started.  However, running netif start does nothing.  msk0 is found in the hardware during boot and it appears to get all the proper values.

Some more information.  I finally found a keyboard with scroll lock.  The output shows

Starting Network: msk0
Starting Network: lo0

Right after that is:
route: writing to network socket: network is unreachable

It appears that the network doesn't start, but is not logging an error.  The rc.conf file is the same one used in 9.x which worked.  I did try converting from fixed IP to DHCP, but that made no difference.  msk modules are in the kernel.