Does HP DeskJet 1112 work with lpd on FreeBSD 10.2 amd64 ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 23 12:19:52 UTC 2016

On 04/20/16 14:52, Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 18:42:01 +0530 Manish Jain <bourne.identity at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> <<
>> CUPS works nice for many years on my FreeBSD systems, actually CURRENT.
>> Why you can't get it to do anything on your system? matthias
>>   >>

>> Thanks for responding. So my question becomes "Has anyne got HP DeskJet
>> 1112 to work with CUPS on a FreeBSD 10.2 amd64 box ?"
> You need to install print/hplip.  Then you can either use the graphical
> setup tool HP Device Manager, or the CUPS web interface at
> http://localhost:631/.  If you use the CUPS interface you need to select
> the printer model at some point.  Your printer will be listed as
> "HP Deskjet 1110 Series, hpcups 3.16.2".

Hi Tijl/Others,

Thanks for replying.

This is what I get when I try to open up the cups web interface in my
browser even after installing apache24 :

> Chromium's connection attempt to*localhost*was rejected

What could I be missing here ? hplip package was installed, along with
all its dependencies.

This is what I get in dmesg :

ulpt0: <HP DeskJet 1110 series, class 0/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 6> on usbus2
ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

So the printer is being detected, just as you stated. A little bit more
help, and I could fire up my printout page. Perhaps something to do with
httpd.conf ? Or perhaps /usr/local/etc/cups/cupsd.conf ?

Thanks again &
Regards
Manish Jain