Does HP DeskJet 1112 work with lpd on FreeBSD 10.2 amd64 ?

Tijl Coosemans tijl at coosemans.org
Wed Apr 20 09:23:20 UTC 2016

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 18:42:01 +0530 Manish Jain <bourne.identity at hotmail.com> wrote:
> <<
> CUPS works nice for many years on my FreeBSD systems, actually CURRENT.
> Why you can't get it to do anything on your system? matthias
>  >>

> Thanks for responding. So my question becomes "Has anyne got HP DeskJet
> 1112 to work with CUPS on a FreeBSD 10.2 amd64 box ?"

You need to install print/hplip.  Then you can either use the graphical
setup tool HP Device Manager, or the CUPS web interface at
http://localhost:631/.  If you use the CUPS interface you need to select
the printer model at some point.  Your printer will be listed as
"HP Deskjet 1110 Series, hpcups 3.16.2".