daily run output

Carmel carmel_ny at outlook.com
Sat Apr 23 12:08:19 UTC 2016

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 12:29:11 +0100, Matthew Seaman stated:

>On 23/04/2016 10:27, Carmel wrote:
>> The "daily run output" has been displaying this message:
>>
>> mailwrapper: no mapping in /usr/local/etc/mail/mailer.conf
>>
>> This is the mailer.conf file:
>>
>> #
>> # Execute the Postfix sendmail program,
>> named /usr/local/sbin/sendmail #
>> sendmail	/usr/local/sbin/sendmail
>> send-mail	/usr/local/sbin/sendmail
>> mailq		/usr/local/sbin/sendmail
>> newaliases	/usr/local/sbin/sendmail
>>
>> I a running postfix without any problems on a FreeBSD-11 machine. Is
>> this something I should worry about?
>
>As I recall, this is to do with a change from ports modifying
>/etc/mail/mailer.conf  in the base system, instead moving that file to
>/usr/local/sbin/mail/mailer.conf  It's a new thing, and only in
>11-CURRENT so far.  Looks like there are still a few rough edges -- but
>if postfix is working for you, then I don't think this message is
>anything more than an annoyance.  You should come to expect these sort
>of things if you run the bleeding edge development version of the OS.

Okay, let me see if I am following you correctly.

This is the "/etc/mail/mailer.conf" file:

# $FreeBSD: head/etc/mail/mailer.conf 93858 2002-04-05 04:25:14Z
gshapiro $ #
# Execute the "real" sendmail program,
named /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail #
sendmail	/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
send-mail	/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
mailq		/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
newaliases	/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
hoststat	/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
purgestat	/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail

And this is the "/usr/local/etc/mail/mailer.conf" file:
#
# Execute the Postfix sendmail program, named /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
#
sendmail	/usr/local/sbin/sendmail
send-mail	/usr/local/sbin/sendmail
mailq		/usr/local/sbin/sendmail
newaliases	/usr/local/sbin/sendmail

So, it is obvious that the port modified the
"/usr/local/etc/mail/mailer.conf" file. Are you impling that I should
replace the "/etc/mail/mailer.conf" file with the
"/usr/local/etc/mail/mailer.conf" file?

--
Carmel