daily run output

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 23 11:29:16 UTC 2016

On 23/04/2016 10:27, Carmel wrote:
> The "daily run output" has been displaying this message:
>
> mailwrapper: no mapping in /usr/local/etc/mail/mailer.conf
>
> This is the mailer.conf file:
>
> #
> # Execute the Postfix sendmail program, named /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> #
> sendmail	/usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> send-mail	/usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> mailq		/usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> newaliases	/usr/local/sbin/sendmail
>
> I a running postfix without any problems on a FreeBSD-11 machine. Is
> this something I should worry about?

As I recall, this is to do with a change from ports modifying
/etc/mail/mailer.conf  in the base system, instead moving that file to
/usr/local/sbin/mail/mailer.conf  It's a new thing, and only in
11-CURRENT so far.  Looks like there are still a few rough edges -- but
if postfix is working for you, then I don't think this message is
anything more than an annoyance.  You should come to expect these sort
of things if you run the bleeding edge development version of the OS.

	Cheers,

	Matthew