BSD Hardware

JosC bsduser at cloudzeeland.nl
Sat Apr 9 07:20:37 UTC 2016

Thank you all for the suggested links and responses- it's really an eye
opener.
My current server is average with no specific purpose other than
website, mail and ftp service. In that respect I am in favor of 1TB
minimum disk capacity. No USB required.

Indeed, I am running Dell for more than 15 years now and it never let me
down, but I wondered if there are new possibilities with mini's (of
other brands).
Ran into Brix and Intel NUC5i3RYK alikes but I am not familiar with
these brands (the should be reliable and keep up for minimal three years
without any hardware failures).

ZFS/SSD is not in the limelight currently - with 3,5" proven to be
reliable and prices for WD Red 1TB+ being very acceptable, I think I
stick to these for the moment.

In een bericht van 8-4-2016 16:31:
> I am looking for a reliable replacement of my current BSD server.
> Could someone tell me which mini business pc would fit? NoSSD, but
> plain vanilla SATA 2,5 or 3,5 WD Red.

Will let you know my final choice once being made.

Best regards,
Jos Chrispijn