invalid chunk added : please help me fix it

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 5 14:56:54 UTC 2016

On 2016/04/05 13:31, Paul Macdonald wrote:
> I'm also getting this on many boxes as of late:

Hmmm... curious.

> /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf is only repo file
>
> FreeBSD: {
>   url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest",
>   mirror_type: "srv",
>   enabled: yes
> }

This is just to override the default FreeBSD.conf and use the latest
packages rather than the quarterly ones?  You actually only need the
url: line in that case, since everything else is the same as the default
FreeBSD.conf -- not that this is at all germane to the problem at hand.
 That repo.conf is fine as it is.

Do you have a /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf at all?  Can you try moving it out
of the way temporarily and see if that suppresses the error message?
pkg(8) should run just fine without a pkg.conf at all. I know there were
bug fixes related to UCL parsing in the latest release, and I'm
wandering if that has somehow triggered a problem with what was once
considered a valid config file.

	Cheers,

	Matthew