Xorg problems

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Mar 7 20:25:46 UTC 2015

On Sat, 7 Mar 2015 10:04:09 -0800, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> The 1501 is a $50 laptop from 2006? i dont know that nvidia is the right
> driver, I think it has ATI before AMD bought it. This would have been
> around the time FreeBSD 7.0 was HEAD i think?

In that case, it's highly questionable if Xorg autodetection
magic will work here. Maybe "Xorg -configure" and manually
post-configuring xorg.conf is the way to go. Of course you
have to verify _which_ graphics is installed: Maybe it's
ATI, maybe Intel. Then you have to install the corresponsing
driver. In worst case, try the VESA driver, but don't expect
any 3D stuff working flawlessly with that.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany