Any iSCSI experts out there ... ?

Marc Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Fri Jun 12 05:29:29 UTC 2015

Softlayer (hosting) provides a block device, but the instructions they have are for Windows or Linux … the linux ones (http://knowledgelayer.softlayer.com/procedure/accessing-block-storage-linux <http://knowledgelayer.softlayer.com/procedure/accessing-block-storage-linux>) don’t quite match FreeBSD (do they ever?) … specifically, it takes about a multipath daemon and such … I found ‘gmultipath’, but not daemon …

I did the iscsid end of things, and started up iscsid … and all iscsictl gives me is:

Target name                          Target portal    State
iqn.2005-05.com.softlayer:SL01SU570747-1 10.2.174.102     Disconnected

or

Target name                          Target portal    State
iqn.2005-05.com.softlayer:SL01SU570747-1 10.2.174.102     Operation timed out

so its trying to connect, just isn’t … which either means the multi path stuff is critical -or- I’m missing something …

Never tried this before, the handbook makes it look straightforward …

Can someone take a quick peak at the Linux docs I link to above and let me know what I may be missing … I’m going to try and push them to writing a FreeBSD doc, so that other clients wishing to use FreeBSD won’t be left in the dark from their knowledgebase …

thx

Marc G Fournier
Owner, Hub.Org <http://hub.org/> Hosting Solutions S.A.