Half OT: controlling TimeMachine

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Fri Jun 12 06:55:22 UTC 2015

Hello.

I understand this is half OT, but, on the other hand, the "manager"
would be a FreeBSD box :)

I've got a network with several Macs, all of which are doing backups
with TimeMachine to USB disks and/or NASes.

Does anyone know of any way to "centralize" TM management?
By "centralize" I mean: get reports, control scheduling, possibly fine
tune retention, ecc...

Right now I've put up some quick&dirty scripts which partially achieve
this, but the way to go is long...
I'm thinking about starting an open-source project with this, in case
anyone is interested and want to help, but of course, if any suitable
thing (which I did not find) already exists, this would be pointless.

  bye & Thanks
	av.