a couple of minor but annoying issues: mate-terminal and firefox

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Fri Jul 24 03:01:11 UTC 2015

Quoting Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de>:

>> But what? And how would I find it?
>
> Modify ~/.xinitrc (or ~/.xsession) which determines that you're
> starting a Mate session. Have "exec xterm" your last entry in
> that file. Then after you log in, only an X terminal (without
> any window manager) will be displayed. Run "firefox" from that
> terminal and try Ctrl+K. Now _nothing_ could possibly intercept
> that key combination.

But it sure seems like something does. The specific combination, which
has always worked for me in the past, is control-T to open a new tab,
control-K to get to the web search field. This failure appears even
with firefox run as indicated above.

If, after opening the tab, I take care to click on the window,
control-K works again.

Thanks!

--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>