Sync Ports to Packages

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sun Jul 19 18:30:15 UTC 2015

>>>>> "mfv" == mfv  <mfv at bway.net> writes:

mfv> To do this I first upgrade the binaries by invoking "pkg upgrade".
mfv> Then, after using a web browser to check out the appropriate beefy
mfv> server, I identify the build number of that upgrade.  Finally, I
mfv> update the local ports tree by running "svnup ports -n <build#>".
mfv> When finished, the ports and packages are synced.

Why not just do it the other way around?  Check out the latest ports,
and build them (even customize them) with poudriere?  Then you'll know
precisely that your trees are in sync.

Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig