Is bugzilla down or buggy or is it just me?

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Sun Jan 11 04:25:44 UTC 2015

Happy 2015 all,

I posted the following - perhaps inappropriately, given no response - to
freebsd-acpi@ on Thursday night:

=======
Argh.  After spending 10 minutes formatting a response to juris' message
on bugzilla - yes, logged in - I couldn't find any sort of 'submit'
button anywhere to actually post my message?

So I went to mark and copy my response and somehow lost the contents in
the process.  Subsequent attempts to even get back to the bug were met
with "Data Transfer Interrupted The connection to bugs.freebsd.org has
terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred." after
first warning of transferring to a non-encrypted page.  I'd also added
myself as a cc but again there seemed no way to submit any of it.

Might my old Seamonkey lack some javascript thingy bugzilla needs?  I'll
try again later, but can someone whack me with a clue please?

Confused, Ian
=======

Over 12 hours later I tried again, to be met by the same response, so I
closed and restarted the browser, after saving a big bunch of tabs, and
got back in ok to the bug in question - to find myself still logged in.

Just prior I'd loaded that page ok with a more recent firefox on a
9.3 box, still logged in of course, so - from the original 8.2 box I
(foolishly?) attempted to log off before trying again, to be met by:

  Error 503 Service Unavailable
  Backend status: Service Unavailable
  Transaction ID: 179641380

Now today all I can get from that page - or indeed any attempt to access
bugzilla, eg from https://www.freebsd.org/support/bugreports.html - on
either my old or newer browser, is the 'Error 503 Service Unavailable'
response, with a different Transaction ID each time.

Has anyone seen anything like this?  If not, who should I contact?

Thanks for any help.  PLEASE cc me, as digests can take a whole day.

cheers, Ian