missing lipmp3lame with openshot

Gary Aitken ah at dreamchaser.org
Sun Sep 7 15:37:27 UTC 2014

On 09/07/14 02:00, Michael Powell wrote:
> Gary Aitken wrote:
>
> [snip]

> [snip]
>>>
>>> Not much of any, per se. The above would seem to indicate that it did
>>> build against libmp3lame. At this juncture the only thing I'm left
>>> wondering about is which system, e.g is this a problem wrt to 9.x still
>>> using a really old GCC or is it a 10.x situation which has changed to
>>> Clang. From what little I know I believe that the ports build guys tried
>>> to go through the ports tree
>>> and winnow out for further work those which  failed to build, or
>>> otherwise had some trouble building with Clang. I seem to recall they
>>> wanted reports of such at the time. Don't know if this has any bearing on
>>> this particular case, it's just all I can think of...
>>
>> ah, I think the issue with the static load is that the executable is a
>> python script...
>>
>> I see I have way too many pythons installed for comfort:
>>
>> $ pkg info | grep python
>> py27-goocanvas-0.14.1_5        GooCanvas python bindings
>> python-2.7_2,2                 The "meta-port" for the default version of
>> Python interpreter
>> python2-2_3                    The "meta-port" for version 2 of the Python
>> interpreter
>> python27-2.7.8_4               Interpreted object-oriented programming
>> language
>>
>> This may be a result of doing some incremental builds of ports, rather
>> than
>> everything all at once; or not.  If the above should not normally all be
>> installed at once, is there an easy way to determine which ports need to
>> be
>> rebuilt?  The openshot script runs python2.7 which was installed by the
>> 2.7.8_4 package, but some library it uses may well have been installed by
>> one of the earlier versions.
>
> The python involvement was another thing I thought about, but didn't go
> there as I had nothing really concrete to go on, other than just a tingle of
> a hunch/question/doubt. On a 9.3 box here I have:
>
> python-2.7_2,2
> python2-2_3
> python27-2.7.8_4
>
> whilst on the 10.0 box I show:
>
> python2-2_3
> python27-2.7.8_4
>
> I'm left wondering if the top line on the 9.3 machine may be cruft.
>
> pkg info -r <packagename>  shows reverse dependencies and
> pkg info -d <packagename> will show dependencies of installed package
>
> I'm uncertain as to how python gets involved in a build process. Something I
> look at from time to time wrt to build questions are to rummage around and
> grep stuff in /usr/ports/Mk in order to attempt to gain understanding on what
> default build path(s) and/or options might exist.
>
> Such things change from time to time and require associatted alterations in
> /etc/make.conf - example such as WITH_BDB_VER=5, DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=php=5.3
> [...]

Just enough in this case; thanks.

The problem appears to be in the Makefile for gtk.

$pkg info -r python-2.7_2,2
python-2.7_2,2:
        gtk2-2.24.22_4

/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20/Makefile:
  python:${PORTSDIR}/lang/python

/usr/ports/lang/python/Makefile specifies
  PORTVERSION=    ${PYTHON_DEFAULT}
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.default-versions.mk:
  PYTHON_DEFAULT?=  2.7

I did the following:

removed the python: dependency in gtk20 Makefile,
then make deinstall and make reinstall.
That fixes the issue in openshot with the missing libmp3lame library.

I'm not sure what the proper way to modify the gtk20 Makefile is to fix this,
so I'll just file a bug and let someone with more knowledge do it right.

Thanks again,

Gary