missing lipmp3lame with openshot

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 7 08:00:37 UTC 2014

Gary Aitken wrote:

[snip]

> [...]
[snip]
>>> other ideas?
>>
>> Not much of any, per se. The above would seem to indicate that it did
>> build against libmp3lame. At this juncture the only thing I'm left
>> wondering about is which system, e.g is this a problem wrt to 9.x still
>> using a really old GCC or is it a 10.x situation which has changed to
>> Clang. From what little I know I believe that the ports build guys tried
>> to go through the ports tree
>> and winnow out for further work those which  failed to build, or
>> otherwise had some trouble building with Clang. I seem to recall they
>> wanted reports of such at the time. Don't know if this has any bearing on
>> this particular case, it's just all I can think of...
>
> ah, I think the issue with the static load is that the executable is a
> python script...
>
> I see I have way too many pythons installed for comfort:
>
> $ pkg info | grep python
> py27-goocanvas-0.14.1_5        GooCanvas python bindings
> python-2.7_2,2                 The "meta-port" for the default version of
> Python interpreter
> python2-2_3                    The "meta-port" for version 2 of the Python
> interpreter
> python27-2.7.8_4               Interpreted object-oriented programming
> language
>
> This may be a result of doing some incremental builds of ports, rather
> than
> everything all at once; or not.  If the above should not normally all be
> installed at once, is there an easy way to determine which ports need to
> be
> rebuilt?  The openshot script runs python2.7 which was installed by the
> 2.7.8_4 package, but some library it uses may well have been installed by
> one of the earlier versions.

The python involvement was another thing I thought about, but didn't go
there as I had nothing really concrete to go on, other than just a tingle of
a hunch/question/doubt. On a 9.3 box here I have:

python-2.7_2,2
python2-2_3
python27-2.7.8_4

whilst on the 10.0 box I show:

python2-2_3
python27-2.7.8_4

I'm left wondering if the top line on the 9.3 machine may be cruft.

pkg info -r <packagename>  shows reverse dependencies and
pkg info -d <packagename> will show dependencies of installed package

I'm uncertain as to how python gets involved in a build process. Something I
look at from time to time wrt to build questions are to rummage around and
grep stuff in /usr/ports/Mk in order to attempt to gain understanding on what
default build path(s) and/or options might exist.

Such things change from time to time and require associatted alterations in
/etc/make.conf - example such as WITH_BDB_VER=5, DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=php=5.3
mysql=5.6 apache=2.2, etc, and such. Another is WITH_PKGNG= yes I have in
make.conf on the 9. box as I believe it's supposed to be there and yet it is
not present on the 10.x box as I believe it's not required in 10.x.

Certainly not much here on my end to go on - just brainstorming. Hope you
get it sorted.

-Mike