missing lipmp3lame with openshot

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 7 17:23:19 UTC 2014

Gary Aitken wrote:

> On 09/07/14 02:00, Michael Powell wrote:
>> Gary Aitken wrote:
>>
>> [snip]

>> [snip]
>
> The problem appears to be in the Makefile for gtk.
>
> $pkg info -r python-2.7_2,2
> python-2.7_2,2:
>         gtk2-2.24.22_4

Both machines here at home are servers and have WITHOUT_X11= yes in my
make.conf, so I would never have seen this.

> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20/Makefile:
>   python:${PORTSDIR}/lang/python
>
> /usr/ports/lang/python/Makefile specifies
>   PORTVERSION=    ${PYTHON_DEFAULT}
> /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.default-versions.mk:
>   PYTHON_DEFAULT?=  2.7
>
> I did the following:
>
> removed the python: dependency in gtk20 Makefile,
> then make deinstall and make reinstall.
> That fixes the issue in openshot with the missing libmp3lame library.
>
> I'm not sure what the proper way to modify the gtk20 Makefile is to fix
> this, so I'll just file a bug and let someone with more knowledge do it
> right.

I'm kinda lame about PR filing myself and I know better. Usually when I
discover something like this I email the port maintainer and even though it
may not be 'immediate', when they take a look they usually come up with a
more proper and correct fix. I've had a fair amount of luck in this over the
years.

-Mike