FreeBSD on Macbook Pro early 2011

Fred wade-is-great at live.com
Mon Aug 18 22:17:27 UTC 2014

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I want to use dual boot to first getting familiar and in the long term switch to FreeBSD as the only operating system.

I mentioned bootcamp because most of the tutorial I found so far recommend to create a bootcamp partition on which FreeBSD is install. Also from what I read using bootcamp creates a hybrid MBR. I wish there were a solution to run FreeBSD on dual boot with a GPT partition table.

On one of my tentatives I also tried to use a BSD partition on which I created two logical partitions (UFS and swap) but that did not work either.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can proceed?

Thanks,
Fred