best configuration management tool for FreeBSD?

Michael Sierchio kudzu at tenebras.com
Tue Apr 15 22:45:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Aleksandr Miroslav
<alexmiroslav at gmail.com>wrote:

> What is the best configuration management tool for FreeBSD? We make
> heavy use of installing things from ports, so any tool that
> understands how to install upgrade stuff from ports would be great.

Lots of people use Chef, lots of people use Puppet, lots of people use
CFEngine3, etc.

I tend to prefer those in the opposite order in which I've enumerated them.
 Some people use bcfg2, also, I might add ;-)

The best is the one you will actually use.

- M