Updating from 9.2 to 10.0-BETA3 Issues..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Thu Nov 14 07:29:24 UTC 2013

 OK, adding in compat9x did allow it to build mysql, and hopefully the rest,
time will tell.   I guess the part that somewhat stumps me, is if I am just
building a port fresh like mysql, why does it need the old compatibility
libs to build it fresh.   Does some of this stuff require gcc libs, or I am
missing something in the process.

 On the package stuff, I did load the functions, as I found out the hard way
that without running pkg2ng I ended up with all my ports missing.    Also I
saw Thomas's not about running portmaster, and I have always used
portupgrade is that still ok under 10.x, or does it require portmaster to
function?

---
Howard Leadmon