Updating from 9.2 to 10.0-BETA3 Issues..

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Nov 14 07:03:35 UTC 2013

On 14/11/2013 04:05, Howard Leadmon wrote:
>  So I went back again, make sure I fully did a buildworld, and installed it,
> thinking maybe some libs got wacked, but alas that didn't fix anything.
>
>  So the question is, if I am updating from 9.2 to 10.0 on a machine, how the
> heck can I get all of the extra software to build, as I can't get really
> much of anything to build at this point, be it mysql, or subversion, or any
> of the add-on packages to make the server useful.   Glad I tried this on a
> test machine..
>
>  Any ideas/suggestions on how to get this straight?

If you install misc/compat9x then all your 9.x compiled software should
start working again.  This however should only be considered a stop-gap
to enable you to rebuild all your ports.

As Howard mentioned, the default has changed from pkg_install to pkg(8)
with 10.x, so you'll need to install ports-mgmt/pkg and run pkg2ng as
part of this update.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--