Updating from 9.2 to 10.0-BETA3 Issues..

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Nov 14 09:00:54 UTC 2013

On 11/14/13 07:29, Howard Leadmon wrote:
>  OK, adding in compat9x did allow it to build mysql, and hopefully the rest,
> time will tell.   I guess the part that somewhat stumps me, is if I am just
> building a port fresh like mysql, why does it need the old compatibility
> libs to build it fresh.   Does some of this stuff require gcc libs, or I am
> missing something in the process.

It seems you have build tools like cmake that link against 9.x
libraries.  Ideally you should rebuild your build tools before you
rebuild the things use them to build.

>  On the package stuff, I did load he functions, as I found out the hard way
> that without running pkg2ng I ended up with all my ports missing.    Also I
> saw Thomas's not about running portmaster, and I have always used
> portupgrade is that still ok under 10.x, or does it require portmaster to
> function?

Both portmaster and portupgrade are compatible with pkg(8), and you can
certainly carry on using them in pretty much the same way as you always
did.  There is a missing bit of functionality with portmaster in that it
won't itself install from pkgs on a pkgngized system.  Patches welcome!

	Cheers,

	Matthew