how do I restart lagg0 properly?

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Mon Jan 28 23:36:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 00:09:36 +0100
markus.hoenicka at mhoenicka.de wrote:

> I've tried to setup link aggregation to allow networking through WLAN
> and ethernet on my laptop, see:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2013-January/248605.html
>
> (this thread contains my network setup information)
>
> The lack of replies may indicate that it is not possible to set up
> lagg in a way which allows to setup networking either via WLAN or via
> ethernet, whichever is accessible during boot. In any case I figured

I have used this configuration with success:

ifconfig_em0="up"
ifconfig_iwn0="ether MAC address of em0"
wlans_iwn0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA"
cloned_interfaces="lagg0"
ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto failover laggport em0 laggport wlan0
Your IP address"

This configuration switched automatically between the available
connections prefering em0. There are no routing problems, nothing of
this sort at all.

Erich