Booting Problem

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Mon Jan 28 23:18:00 UTC 2013

I have a relatively old machine that I am trying to boot 9.1 on.  The bios will not boot from USB stick.  I am using an external CD drive.  It starts the boot process fine and gets to the Bootstrap loader message with revision 1.1.  Then it puts out the machine, date, time the CD was created and starts the spinner.  It spins around about 2 times and stops.  The system continues to read from the drive for another couple minutes.  Then everything stops.  Nothing more happens.

The CD is good.  I can boot it just fine using the same external drive on another machine.  While I could remove the drive and temporarily mount in in the working machine and build it there, I would like to find a way to successfully boot from CD.  This will become a remote machine and taking it apart later is not a viable option.