Editors are broken after update

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Jan 21 08:54:08 UTC 2013

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 03:53:56 +0100, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
> /usr/home/rocketmouse, _not_ user/home/rocketmouse

It wasn't possible to copy the message, so I've written it. It's very
likely that I made a typo. I'm a dyslexic and since there's no big
difference between /usr and /user and it both is for "user" it's very
likely that I haven't notice it all the times when I read it. If I would
have written /usgr or something similar it could happen that I don't
notice it when reading it 2 or 3 times, but when reading it for the 4th
time I will notice it. It oven happens that people type 'unmount' instead
of 'umount', so I've seen Linux distros that ship with an alias 'unmount'
:D.

I'm sorry for the confusion :). I only noticed it regarding to your
comparison.

OT:

# grep alias .cshrc
alias h		history 25
alias j		jobs -l
alias la	ls -aF
alias lf	ls -FA
alias ll	ls -lAF

I avoid using aliases. FWIW on Linux mailing lists that aren't for a
specific distro, it's unwanted to use aliases when posting to the list.

Regards,
Ralf