FreeBSD 8.2 with pre-built KDE 3.5 package from FreeBSD 7.1 DVD

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 18 01:37:13 UTC 2013

Some decisions from upstream are a PITA. I'm from Linux, it's more
up-to-date than FreeBSD. On Linux I switched from KDE 3 to GNOME 2, when
KDE 4 was introduced and from GNOME 2 to Xfce, when GNOME 3 was
introduced. There are forks of GNOME 2, but I guess there's no fork of KDE
3. Some users claim that it should be possible to set up KDE 4, that it
become equal to KDE 3. I doubt that. Another issue are hard dependencies,
such as the dependency to the buggy pulseaudio. You better get rid of KDE
and start to accustom to another DE.

2 Cents,
Ralf