Youtube & Flash Videos broken?

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Sun Apr 7 10:54:48 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 23:57:47 +0200
> Ralf Mardorf articulated:

> > > Firefox 20.0 Arch Linux x86_64 can't play this video too. Neither
> > > flash, nor gnash installed. Perhaps it's a video with a commercial,
> > > before the video can be watched? Wicked!

> > > Video and audio are ok for this video, still without flash or gnash.
> >
> > Perhaps we should switch to Windows :D. SICR
>
> I have pretty much given up on using Firefox with FreeBSD on sites that
> utilize Flash. It usually just sucks. Sites like "comedy Central" are
> just not view-able utilizing that combination. I use my Windows PC or
> Laptop for those times. Plus, I can keep Flash and or Java "up-to-date"
> far easier.

Nearly the same here: I'm keeping two virtual machines on my FreeBSD
laptop: a Windows 7 and a Linux one, and I'm starting the Win7 VM when
I stumble across that oddball Flash-only website that would not even display
on the Linux VM. This way, I'm keeping a clean and lean FreeBSD environment,
unpolluted by tons of Linuxulator compat libraries needed just to make
that flash plugin work.

Plus, it's easier to reset the Win7 VM to a previous virus-free stage after
each use... even though something like this
  http://www.qubes-os.org/trac
would be even better, I assume. ;)

--
> Jerry ♔