Youtube & Flash Videos broken?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Apr 7 10:22:02 UTC 2013

On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 23:57:47 +0200
Ralf Mardorf articulated:

> On Sat, 2013-04-06 at 23:53 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Sat, 2013-04-06 at 23:39 +0200, Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywn2Lz5zmYg
> >
> > Firefox 20.0 Arch Linux x86_64 can't play this video too. Neither
> > flash, nor gnash installed. Perhaps it's a video with a commercial,
> > before the video can be watched? Wicked!
> >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUPtiYiMCbQ
> >
> > Video and audio are ok for this video, still without flash or gnash.
>
> Perhaps we should switch to Windows :D. SICR

I have pretty much given up on using Firefox with FreeBSD on sites that
utilize Flash. It usually just sucks. Sites like "comedy Central" are
just not view-able utilizing that combination. I use my Windows PC or
Laptop for those times. Plus, I can keep Flash and or Java "up-to-date"
far easier.

--
Jerry ♔