No sound from speaker, using Realtek ALC269 and snd_hda

Big Yuuta init.py at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 20:58:15 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Alexander Motin <mav at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 28.10.2012 22:09, Big Yuuta wrote:
>>>
>>> CODEC configuration looks good and I see no problems in driver output. I
>>> think most likely problem is in CODEC wiring and power amplifier. Your
>>> CODEC
>>> has two GPIO lines and EAPD line. That gives 8 possible combinations. I
>>> would recommend you to try them all. GPIOs, as you tried could be set
>>> with
>>> hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config tunable. EAPD line can be controlled (0 or 100)
>>> by
>>> the ogain mixer control.
>>

>> You mean combinations like:
>>
>> hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config="0=set 1=set 2=set"
>

> As I've told, there are only two GPIO pins, so only "0=X 1=Y", plus ogain
> mixer control.

So that would be:

hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config="0=set 1=set"
hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config="0=set 1=clear"
hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config="0=clear 1=set"
hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config="0=clear 1=clear"

which I try with:

mixer ogain 0:0
mixer ogain 100:100

I'm going to check once again, but I think that unfortunately that didn't work.
I hope that I forgot a combination!

Thanks again, Alexander