No sound from speaker, using Realtek ALC269 and snd_hda

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 28 20:49:28 UTC 2012

On 28.10.2012 22:09, Big Yuuta wrote:
>> CODEC configuration looks good and I see no problems in driver output. I
>> think most likely problem is in CODEC wiring and power amplifier. Your CODEC
>> has two GPIO lines and EAPD line. That gives 8 possible combinations. I
>> would recommend you to try them all. GPIOs, as you tried could be set with
>> hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config tunable. EAPD line can be controlled (0 or 100) by
>> the ogain mixer control.
>
> You mean combinations like:
>
> hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config="0=set 1=set 2=set"

As I've told, there are only two GPIO pins, so only "0=X 1=Y", plus
ogain mixer control.

> Where the values could be "set" or "keep"? But then again, the man
> also cites "clear", "disable", "input". So that'd make more than 8 possible
> permutations? Or is it something else? Can you please give me an example?

GPIO pins are bidirectional, but I have doubt that input or high
impedance ("disable") state could be used to control something. "keep"
is also useless, as by default these pins are disabled. So you have only
"set" and "clear".

> Also, can I, after booting, just try with:
>
> kenv  hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config="0=set 1=set 2=set"
> kdunload snd_hda.ko
> kdload snd_hda.ko

Yes, that should work.

> or should I reboot each time?