Making Music / Video folders on FreeBSD visible on HD TV

Peter Harrison four.harrisons at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 14 17:00:52 UTC 2012

   So   I use Mediatomb    server to my DLNA digibox.   up and running.
   <
   --
   Peter Harrison

      Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012 10   To: FreeBSD
   Subject: Re: Making Music / Video folde   TV
   On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:26:43 +   Arthur Chance articulated:

   > On 03/13/12 19:54,    > > On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:59:45 -0500
   >   > >
   > >> Are    DLNA
   > >&g   port.
   >   > > A couple of people have replied to this thread. The S   are
   > > configured correctly and are visible on my    I
   > > have no idea if the TVs are using DLNA   configure
   > > anything, other than sharing t   so
   > > am I to assume that DLN   I
   > > will try your s   >
   > I have a Sony networked TV, and it defini   and
   > is very picky about what formats ar   user
   > but I have the impression Home    Vista/Win7
   > have DLNA support built i   >
   > Alexander Leidinger has written a couple of blog    getting
   > Sony TVs working with FBSD. Take a look at this   posts:
   >
   > http://www.leidinger.net/blo   g/2011/09/15/sony-bravia-tv-dlna-formats/

   I did some checking.   it.
   Apparently Vista and   Microsoft
   Update system. I h   friendly" environment.    quite
   successfully. I have   with
   their home PC qui
   I am still studying how to mak   friendly".
   Thanks for the link.

--
   Carmel
   carmel_ny at hotmail.com