Newbie Needing Help

John or Judy Hixson johnorjudy at earthlink.net
Mon May 9 17:35:55 UTC 2011

On Sun, 08 May 2011 19:49:55, Noel <noeldude at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/8/2011 7:17 PM, John or Judy Hixson wrote:
>
> (Clip)
>
> >> I'm trying to learn some FreeBSD in anticipation of eventually admining a FBSD server for my church office network. I've installed FreeBSD 7.4 on an old PC and am
> >> trying to follow along while reading
>
> Unless you have some specific need for a legacy version, I
> would strongly suggest installing the latest production
> version.  Right now that's 8.2.
>
> (Clip)

Actually I'm using 7.4 because that's the latest version Lucas' book covers and I learn better with a book in my hand. When I'm ready to actually use FBSD, I'll get going with the latest production release.

Thanks for your's and other's patient responses. I'm doing better now on the command line. Google has been my friend.

John Hixson