Character shortcuts

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 20:31:10 UTC 2011

Dear FreeBSD experts,

There has been something that I find hard to do, I would like to find
a CTRL + KEY combination, or ALT + KEY combination to input special
characters like (ñ)  [ALT + 164 or ALT + 0241 in Mr. Gates OS].

http://www.forlang.wsu.edu/help/keyboards.asp

accents other symbols like copyright, euro, etc.  I would like to do
the same(have a special key combination) to get the characters in
FreeBSD too, but googling have not found something that works.  I even
tried to run a litte program in the shell to generate the characters
to use for cutting + pasting to no avial.

But the characters after 127 are not printable :( using the pr-ascii script from
http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/wrapper.html

u + 00F1 is the ñ,but I don't know which key combination gives the
same results as above.  A script/program(C,C++) that would generate
the characters would be nice, but if there is a key combination that
could be used to generate the special letters.

Thanks in Advance,

Antonio