a few Last qstns on the wordpress installation....

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Jan 14 21:20:43 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:48:07AM -0800, Chip Camden wrote:
> Quoth Gary Kline on Friday, 14 January 2011:
> > 	This is directed at the few people who actually know how to
> > 	configure this port.  First, I want to have this installed on at
> > 	least my www.thought.org site as well as my transfinite.thought.org
> > 	domain.  subdomain // virtual-domain.   I asked about alterting
> > 	the wp-config.php yesterday.  This php page memtions having
> > 	"multiple installations in one database [[I'm assuming using my
> > 	original mysql setup]] bgiving each worpress istall a unique
> > 	$table_prefix.  Would 'wp0_' and 'wp1_' make sense?
> >
> > 	The last question has to do with the "Site Title"; there were no
> > 	examples, so I don't know if this means listing my site as www
> > 	or www.thought.org  OR Gary's Blog or  "YO! Whatzup?"
> >
> > 	I have googled for examples of this last bit; no thing so far.
> >
> > 	Anybody?
> >
> > 	gary
> >

> > --
> >  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
> >            Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org
> >           The 7.97a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org
> >

> Both of those can be anything you want.
>
> The database prefix just makes your database names unique.  I usually use
> some form of the blog name itself as the prefix.
>
> The site title is just a string that can be accessed from your WP theme.
> usually the theme renders it as part of the title of each page, as well
> as putting it near the top of the page somewhere (usually).

	Super.  Thanks for two direct answers.  If I Ever have to refer
	to the 0th and 1 st blogs, it makes sense to minimize the
	keystrokes; but that's just my bias.

	I've been trying my level best to keep the sharks'teeth of
	reality from knocking me too far ever since last Sunday when the
	murders in Tuscon invaded the news and other parts of life.
	Then, last night, I learned that a girl on my daughter's
	cherrleading team had killed herself.  Practice is M/W/F at
	06:00, so nobody at the high school knew anything until the
	students were told late yesterday.  My daughter wasn't in a good
	mood last night so we are all waiting for more news.

	There are differences between murders and a suicide, but both
	are tragic events.  ESp'ly when they involve the live s of
	somebody young.  anyway, since Monday I've been thinking of the
	title: "Miles to go Before I sleep."

	99.999_% of the time i feel too old and useless to be of any use
	other than to share what level of wisdom I've accumulated over
	65 years.  figure that if my blog helps a few people, that's a
	reason for having a monthly entry... or whatever.

	gary