GUI Suggested?

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Fri Sep 24 08:08:28 UTC 2010

On 09/23/10 11:04, Mike Clarke wrote:

> That's very similar to my experience too but I'm getting the feeling
> that I might have to move over to KDE4 before much longer due to
> reduced KDE3 support with some of the apps:

Same here.
I delayed trying KDE4 since my old box was too old; as soon as I got a
new one, I tried it.

I too fear I'll have to move on sooner or later, the last bug being
Kuickshow not working with EXA acceleration (which is the only one
supported by my new GPU's driver).

However, after trying KDE4, I think I'll start looking into Gnome or
XFCE or whatever, before taking a decision.

I really hope KDE4 will improve in the meanwhile, so maybe I can check
it out again.

BTW, one thing I absolutely won't live with is the lack of keyboard
shortcuts: in KDE3 I run plain Konsole with "Windows-K" and with
"Windows-R" I start a root console.
This doesn't seem to be possible on KDE4, and no, a plasmoid on the
desktop with a session menu is NOT the same thing.

  bye
	av.