Android usb tethering

freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Mon Nov 1 11:08:40 UTC 2010

	Anyone tried the data tethering feature on the Android phones?

	I've tried cdce and tried modifying cdce but no luck. I need to
regenerate the device list, but I haven't had any luck yet- simply
running make doesn't work, and I've read Makefiles and googled out the
wazoo.

	I tried modifying the details off the openmoko site for their data
tether system (for FreeBSD8, mind), still no luck.

	Apparently it uses the cdc_ether RNDIS according to my Fedora shit
media system. usbconfig concurs.

	Any hints, suggestions on how to further my investigations and
getting this thing working? Anyone happen to be working on this?
	Cheers