notes on kde4.4 and pcbsd...

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri May 14 07:52:26 UTC 2010

my 17 pennies' worth {allowing for inflation},

i just thought i would tell anybody who is thinking of trying
pcbsd to be careful of jumping.  it is a bare min of two days for
me to install a new OS and get it even slightly close to
customized.  awhile earlier i tried to get the kde4 version of
festival/kttsd.  it strikes me as worse--maybe a resource
hog--than on this 7.3 system.

i finally gave up and powered down.  time to reinstall ubuntu or
try freebsd on the thinkpad.  kde4 has some new type of audio
that i think sux.

back to my copy edit with ears and eyes. and OOo :-)

cheers, people,

gary

    The 7.83a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php
           http://journey.thought.org  99 87/100% Guaranteed Novel