Irritating delay in mouse in kde4

Tim Kellers timothyk at wallnet.com
Wed Mar 17 17:41:04 UTC 2010

On 03/17/10 12:22, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> I recently upgraded from FreeBSD 7.2 STABLE to 8.0 STABLE.  I also
> upgraded from KDE3 to KDE4 and rebuilt all my ports.  Everything seems
> to work fine except the mouse.  There is an irritating delay that I
> can't seem to get rid of.  For example, if I mouse to the address line
> in Firefox and begin typing in a url, nothing happens until I move the
> mouse.  Then, suddenly, what I typed will appear in the address bar.
>
> If I'm working in a shell, for example running portupgrade, nothing
> happens until I move the mouse.  Then suddenly portupgrade will start
> working.
>
> Has anyone seen this type of behavior?  Have any idea what the cause
> might be or where to look to troubleshoot the issue?

Paul,

I had that exact symptom when I upgraded my kde3 ports and upgraded Xorg
at the same time.  It drove me nuts for a few days until I found the
solution.  I have some notes I have to go through but I'll post what I
did from my notes as soon as I get a chance to review them.  (I was
tunning 7.2 -STABLE at the time)

Tim Kellers
NJIT