Wifi AP behind FreeBSD

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Wed Jul 28 21:07:28 UTC 2010

On 28/07/10 19.48, DadAN wrote:

> Hello,
> I wanna just ask if I really need setup nat? Because I think that it
> will by enought with nat by wifi router (dlink) connected to second
> nic ? And setup routing between nic's?

Sorry, I think I misread or misunderstood your question in my previous
reply.

The typical configuration of a home AP that is /not/ also a router for
internet access, the AP will be working as a simple bridge. I've
understood you've got:

   wifi AP --- FBSD ---- Router --- Internet

and the router does nat, in which case you need not do it on the FBSD
box. If this is not your setup, please explain.

BR, Erik