system hangs on; "Probing devices, please wait (this can take a while)... "

Rich rl001 at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 21 00:45:39 UTC 2010

Yes I have, that's not it.  It's very frustrating because every CD I can find
boots up except the FreeBSD CD. If it's not a bad drive nobody seems to know
what else it could be. It's deeper than that. Something in the FreeBSD code.
Isn't there a developer somewhere that can tell me what his code is doing?