isp0 troubles

Tim Gustafson tjg at soe.ucsc.edu
Thu Jul 15 23:08:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've got a QLogic fibre channel card in my system right now:

isp0: <Qlogic ISP 2300 PCI FC-AL Adapter> port 0x4000-0x40ff mem 0xd0300000-0xd0300fff irq 16 at device 1.0 on pci6

This device is working, and the drives attached to it are available and seem to be performing OK, but I'm getting hundreds of messages like this:

isp0: 0.5.0 FCP RESPONSE, LENGTH 8: Invalid FCP Cmnd CDB0=0x00
isp0: 0.3.0 FCP RESPONSE, LENGTH 8: Invalid FCP Cmnd CDB0=0x00

I've uploaded a snippet of my most recent dmesg isp-related information here:

http://users.soe.ucsc.edu/~tjg/isp.txt

Is there something I've got misconfigured that's causing all these messages?  As an aside, I'm also getting lots of these:

GEOM: da0: corrupt or invalid GPT detected.
GEOM: da0: GPT rejected -- may not be recoverable.
GEOM: da1: corrupt or invalid GPT detected.
GEOM: da1: GPT rejected -- may not be recoverable.

I think these disks were originally gpart disks, but now they're all part of a zpool.  Is there some way to quell those messages, as I'm sure they don't have gpart partitions on them anymore?  There's nothing in the zpool at the moment, so I can destroy the zpool and then dd the disks if that will help.

Tim Gustafson
Baskin School of Engineering
UC Santa Cruz
tjg at soe.ucsc.edu