Virtualbox Networking Issues

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Thu Jul 15 21:52:39 UTC 2010

> Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:35:23 -0700
> From: Chris Maness <chris at chrismaness.com>
> Subject: Re: Virtualbox Networking Issues
>
> I am not able to ping anything.  I cannot ping the gateway or the
> host.  I tried bridge, NAT, and host only.

Really, not _anything_ ??  how about 127.0.0.1 ?

Have you tried pinging a particular IP address, or only by a
host name?

If you haven't tried by address, please do _that_. and report results.

*WHAT* error message(s) do you gt?

   1) no route to host
   2) destinationi network unreachable
   3) destination host unreachable

Can you ping things from _outside_ the virtualbox?

We're _not_ mind-readers, you know.  ,grin.

You hae to tell us what _is_ working, as well as what is -not-.

So far, it oculd be aything from a device configuratition issue to
routing table problems to DNS problems