port-MESS with apache22

PJ af.gourmet at videotron.ca
Sat Jan 9 16:41:19 UTC 2010

On 1/9/2010 4:34 AM, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> PJ wrote:
>> Upgraded to 8.0 without problem.
>> Reinstalling ports was tedious... but NP for most part.
>> Sommehow the installation of apache22 stumbled over some configuration
>> issues, I think....
>> I found that apache was running ok, except...
>> php5 module was not correctly installed...
>
> mod_php5 isn't built by default when you install php5.  This catches
> out a very large number of people, and it is particularly astonishing
> as integrating php into apache is probably the number one reason for
> installing php.
>
> Sounds like you may need to do this:
>
>    # cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
>    # make config
>    [ Make sure the option for 'Build Apache Module' is checked ]
>    # portupgrade -f lang/php5
>
>      -or-
>
>    # portmaster --force-config -f lang/php5
>

> It might also be necessary to rebuild all of the php5 modules -- plus
> any pecl- modules.  At the cost of reinstalling pear- modules and PHP
> apps (which should be fairly cheap, as the port installation process for
> that sort of port consists almost entirely of copying files into place)
> you can just do this:
>
>    # portupgrade -fr lang/php5
>
>    -or-
>
>    # portmaster -fr lang/php5
>

> Also double check httpd.conf once PHP5 is installed with mod_php5 --
> the port will automatically add a line to
> ${PREFIX}/etc/apache22/httpd.conf
> to cause apache to load the module, which should look like this:
>
> LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache22/libphp5.so
>
> As I recall, PHP5 creates that line as shown, which should work straight
> away, but some modules add a commented out LoadModule line, so it would
> be a good idea to eliminate that as a potential problem.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Matthew

Basically, I have done all that except using the -f parameter.
In effect, php5 is trying to add the mod_php5 module, only it is getting
the directory name as apache2 and not apache22 and is thus creating
apache2 directories... from what I could find in the Makefile or
somewhere I don't recall, this directory comes from some PATH type
thingy... $LD_LIBRARY_PATH but I don't know or could not find the source
of this.
PJ