Wireless Access Point

Bill Tillman btillman99 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 7 18:30:38 UTC 2010

Okay bad news.

There were just too many problems with this setup. I recall a few weeks ago building an 8.0 server and it had troubles as well. So I reinstalled 7.2-RELEASE on this server and here's what happened:

The laptop got an IP address and connected not instantly but much quicker than when I was running 8.0-STABLE.

The download speed from ftp.freebsd.org was over 200KB/s instead of 39KB/s like last night under 8.0-STABLE

I'm still testing this today but this NIC at least (Saberent using the ral0 chip) appears to have big problems under 8.0-STABLE