How to build a BROKEN port?

Rob Farmer rfarmer at predatorlabs.net
Thu Dec 30 01:58:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 17:42, Charlie Kester <corky1951 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Most of the time, possessives are formed with apostrophe+s.  I'm not
> sure, but "its" might be the only exception to the rule. So I tend to be
> more forgiving when people get it wrong -- especially when English is
> not their native tongue.

It is not an exception - just the only one that's confusing.
Apostrophes for possessives only applies to nouns, not pronouns (its,
hers, yours, etc.). "It's" recieves an apostrophe because it is a
contraction, like "that's."

Supposedly, English has a lot more homonyms than other languages.

--
Rob Farmer