How to build a BROKEN port?

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Thu Dec 30 06:01:26 UTC 2010

Charlie Kester <corky1951 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Most of the time, possessives are formed with apostrophe+s.  I'm
> not sure, but "its" might be the only exception to the rule ...

"It's" seems to be the most common misusage, but I have seen "her's",
"our's", and occasionally "their's".  Interestingly, I've never seen
anyone write "hi's" when meaning "his".

> On the other hand, people who write "loose" when they mean "lose"
> deserve our most scathing scorn.  :)

Perhaps they have merely lost their linguistic bearings.

Innaddverttentt ddoubblle llettterss ccann occcassionnallly bbee
ccaussedd bby ffllakkeey kkeeybbooarddss :))