How to build a BROKEN port?

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 30 01:42:45 UTC 2010

On Wed 29 Dec 2010 at 17:31:37 PST Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

>Giorgos> Edit it's 'Makefile'.  Look for an assignment of the form:
>
>Minor nit... that's "its" not "it's".  If you can't say "it is" or "it
>has" in place, then it's "its", not "it's". :)

English has some funny rules.

Most of the time, possessives are formed with apostrophe+s.  I'm not
sure, but "its" might be the only exception to the rule. So I tend to be
more forgiving when people get it wrong -- especially when English is
not their native tongue.

On the other hand, people who write "loose" when they mean "lose"
deserve our most scathing scorn.  :)