freebsd along with debian

Gökşin Akdeniz goksin.akdeniz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 08:26:14 UTC 2010

> As far as I can read from the installation manual, FreeBsd's
> partitioning scheme is different than linux, this is the 1st
> difference I know for now. I would appreciate if you could direct me
> to web pages(if any) where these differences are pointed out.

Consult the HANDBOOK[1]

Crashcourse for dual boot with debian:

1-Intsall FreeBSD and spare some disc space for Debian testing
installation.

2-Intall FreeBSD bootmanager.

3-Install Debian as "single swap and /" .

4-Install GRUB on the first sector of Debian partition.

5-Reboot pc and loginto FreeBSD

6-FreeBSD boot manager will handle the etries for Debian. But check it
out with boot0cfg

7-Reboot pc. You are promted to select FreeBSD and Linux to boot.

[1]http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
--
Goksin Akdeniz
http://www.enixma.org