Version 5.4

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Tue May 27 18:32:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Dennis Kirschling <Drk at pcomptech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a customer running BSD that has been informed that he needs to
> upgrade his Apache product.  I have a wealth of experience with SCO
> products but very little with BSD.  The Apache that they are operating
> now is version 2.0.55?  I don't have the knowledge to look into
> installed products or where I would gather the Apache upgrade and the
> installation instructions.  If you can point me to any info regarding
> this upgrade I sure would appreciate it!

The FreeBSD product has excellent documentation.  The best place to
start is here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

Regarding your current task, the section on "ports" is probably the
most helpful.  It looks like you will have to upgrade the Apache port
that is currently installed.  Is there a specific version of the
Apache web server that is needed?  FreeBSD supports many different
versions of the Apache webserver - yet the ports system makes
installing, and updating, these applications very easy.

Hope this helps,
-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~